catch a falling star


Sirena McKenna tried to catch a falling star and ended up falling into the lake. Luckily she left a few notes on how to do it.

 
I was feeling a little blue last night so I set out to catch my own stars.
 
 
My house doesn't have a balcony and  although I live near the river I made sure not to be anywhere near it so I wouldn't fall in like Sirena.
 
 
It's tricky catching a star you know. Some burn bright for days while others slowly start to dim as soon as you put one in a bottle.
 
 
Maybe stars aren't meant to be caught but allowed to be free and burn bright. Still I thought I could keep this one for just a short while. Surely the man in the moon wouldn't miss one tiny little star.
 
 
Hope you're having a lovely week.
 
 
 
 
 


14 comments:

Marfi-topia said...

Want!
This is so beautiful Anna!!!
I love it!

Anonymous said...

This is adorable, Anna. Love it!
Don't be blue though. :( Remember, you have that holiday altered shoe coming up and I for one CAN'T WAIT. I even look forward to your gorgeous buttons. :)
XOXO's,
Marcia

AlphaBetsy said...

So beautiful!!

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

This is such a whimsical and fanciful feast.....catch a falling star....hmmmm, makes me think a think. I shall be in touch with you soon....Oma Linda

Ricki Treleaven said...

Oh, Anna....how sweet. I love these little stars in the bottles...truly I am in awe of your creativity!

xo,
RJ

earthen-magic said...

...ooooooOoh sO starry cute!...(:

Laura said...

sigh... how beautiful! every time i see your post title, i hear "catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, never let it fade away" in the little childrens voices from "Love Actually". :-)

blessings
~*~

Hindustanka said...

Anna, the post is so magical!Beautiful snaps and beautiful concept of falling stars and glitters...Have a great day ahead!

Dear Fireflies said...

Your blog is a magical forest, dear Stars Keeper. :)

Amalia oxx

Junibears said...

What a lovely post Anna! Your work is beautiful. I've never tried to catch a star! xx

Linda said...

Very magical...I love all the sparkle and glimmer.

Wherever did you get the bottles from? They are perfect for what I need them for. none at the dollar store!

Lovely and peaceful post.

Anonymous said...

I think he would want you to keep this star, which I am sure he sent as a gift, as long as you wish.

Theresa MacNaughton said...

What a beautiful post! And such great bottles. Sorry you were blue - but I hope the process of "catching a star" cheered you. I couldn't help but think of one of my favorite books, "Stardust" by Neil Gaiman and the fallen star Yvaine.

DREAMER said...

How adorably magical!!!!
I love this
XOXO Gina