pink saturday, ruffled valentine treats and heart on a string

Is it Friday already? Where did the week go? It has been a busy busy crazy week here. The nice electrician was here and all our lights and plugs and all that stuff is working wonderfully again. I finished up the project I'm doing with my brother and I actually made a few more things for Valentines Day.

Oh I just adore pink again. Now that Spring is not too far away and there's so much pink around for Valentines Day I just couldn't help myself. I am even linking up with
Pink Saturday again this weekend so hello again to everyone.


I played with more paper hearts and streamers and thought a set of old fashioned paper heart lollies would be fun and sweet. I think I'm addicted to making these paper ruffles.



They can go on top of a lovely place setting for a romantic dinner, or tucked into a sweet bouquet of flowers. I might even try sticking one on a giant cupcake.



And there are even more pink hearts below.
I finished another one of my napkin girl collages.



This is "Heart On A String".
It's part of the same set as the one for my anniversary giveaway which is open for another week. Also mixed media collage on 8x8 canvas.



She is now in my Etsy shop along with the paper heart lollies.

I'm so excited about the next Artful Bag Challenge too. I just finished doing the pics for my bag and I can't wait to show you. I had so much fun making it. I think I'll post it on Sunday but I'll keep the January challenge open until Monday the 31st then I'll do the drawing for the book giveaway. Have a lovely and creative almost February weekend.

15 comments:

Cameron said...

I had lollies on the mind this year, too! Yours are ruffly delicious and would look fantastic atop a giant cupcake!

Love that new girl, too! Makes me wanna start collecting pretty napkins :)

Birgit said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Anna -- and thanks for organzing The Artful Bag challenge! I had much fun coming up with something for January and just put up a link on your site. Don't be surprised if some more Pink Saturday participants join the fun -- hah! ;)

Now I have to ponder what to do for February. Well, it's great that I have the whole month to come up with something nice. :)

Happy creating,
Birgit

PS: I love your new mixed media canvas!

LV said...

These are all great ideas for a pretty pink Valentine showing.

Jill Marcott-McCall ~Feathers & Flight~ said...

She is Beautiful Anna! Gorgeous!
I Need to go visit your Etsy Store!
Have a Happy Saturday!
Hugs
Jill

Theresa MacNaughton said...

I LOVE this art piece!!!! Oh, how I wish I had enough cash right now! LOL Your work is stunning, Anna. :) Have a wonderful Saturday!!! Theresa

My Grama's Soul said...

Looks like you are in the pink!! LOL

Xo

Jo

Linda said...

I love all of these. The lollies are a wonderful idea...makes me want one...yummmmm. Could even be made into a wand....You come up with the greatest ideas.

Donnie said...

They are really lovely.

Shell said...

I'm in love with that pink paper heart w/ruffles you made. Truly dreamy.

Asas à imaginação said...

Anna...I loved your "Hearth on a string"!!!is fantastic!!!
Hugs and a good weekend!!!
Marlei

Mari said...

HELLO AND HAPPY PINK SATURDAY~THESE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL ART PIECES :) THANKS FOR SHARING :)

Cindy Adkins said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Anna!!! This is so precious!!!
XO

Kathy said...

Beautiful eye candy here...

Justina said...

Hey Anna !
I just LOVE the napkin girl collage!!Did you get those black and white striped napkins from Target around Halloween time? I have the same ones...i use them for EVERYTHING! I love them !
Hope all is well!
Happy Early Valentine's Day!
-Justina
http://labohememagique.blogspot.com

Linda said...

I have to add...that Your embellishments are so lovely and love all the detail you did. I would love to carry this bag on a nice evening out. I would have to buy and outfit to go a long with it.
Thank you for adding a linky for me.